Tuesday 2 August 2011

You are beautiful



How could it be so wrong? How could it be that the requirements of our external become so high that it requires retouching to achieve it. Retouching for models also. Our ideals are not even in real life. The Vogue model remains unimpaired over us, no cellulite, wrinkles, scars, stretch marks and all the things that life brings.
 
Sometimes I get stuck in there. I desperately want to lose weight, do not look like me, be unreal perfect, error-free, odorless, hairless and all that stuff that I deep down realize isn´t realistic. But it's not the worst. The worst thing is what retouching, headline news, advice on diet, pictures and all that, do with my eyes. Because sometimes I imagine that the cover models are so beautiful.
 
But it is not. The beauty is more complicated than wrinklefree skin. You see something that is alive, a beauty of which can not be crushed by any physical shortage of any kind. Something that probably really is invulnerable.
 
It´s about when you love someone, right? At least for me. I do not think I could see no physical errors on my love even if I tried. Not on my friends either. But not because love is blind, because it lets one see that what is called flaws, really is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment